So you planned a trip to New York and you’re wondering what you should do during your time in the Big Apple? “I can help you there,” I said in Draco Malfoy’s voice. I’ve only been to New York twice in my life (once with my family and once on my own) but here’s a list of must-do activities I put together based experience. It’s a city with SO MUCH going on that I suspect the list will keep on growing as I discover new things.
1. Go See A Broadway Show
2. Have Breakfast at Tiffany’s
3. See the Trump Tower – Maybe you’ll get lucky and see Donald!
4. Take a Ferry to the Statue of Liberty
5. Explore Wall Street
6. Visit the 9/11 Memorial
7. Eat at Ellen’s Stardust Diner – The servers sing while they serve!
8. Talk to a Policeman
9. Bike Central Park
10. Make your way to the Hudson River
11. Take in the View from the Empire State Building
12. Eat at the Shake Shack
13. Top of the Rock at Sunset
14. Relax at Bryant Park
15. Have a cupcake from Magnolia Bakery
16. Cross the Manhattan or Brooklyn Bridge
17. Visit Toys R US
18. Visit The Disney Store
19. Read at Central Park
20. Try to Find the Troll in Central Park
21. Talk to a real New Yorker
22. Visit the Plaza – Because, ya know, Eloise lives there and all.
23. Carnegie Hall
Things I Want to Do:
24. See Mamma Mia on Broadway
25. Go to a Jazz Club
26. Float in a boat under Bow Bridge
27. Go to a Yankee’s Game
28. Be there for the Ball Drop on New Year’s Eve
29. Skate at Rockerfeller Ice Rink